Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Ziggs - an online profile tool

Thanks to Naina's Business Networking blog, I found out about Ziggs, a new online professional profile site.

They've already racked up an Index of 3,091,441 Professionals representing 92,642 Companies, most of which are in the US.

The site layout and features is very cool and the search facility works well (lots of my Linkedin contacts are already on there). You can setup a Ziggs profile (which I have done...take a look here) or you can direct the search result to click through to your own webpage.

I checked on a few big name corporations and they're all there. I think Ziggs is still in Beta and it will be interesting to see when it gathers an international coverage (at the moment you can only search by state, rather than country).

To me, it's a bit like ZoomInfo, in that you can manage your own profile on the web (although ZoomInfo also searches and collates other pages about you on the Web). They're offering a PPC type service where if anyone searches for your name on the major search engines you'll come up as a sponsored link. If you've already got a web presence, I'm not sure what the advantage is.

Overall, a good site and worth putting a profile up on...as it's free

David Regler
Maine Associates Ltd

Technorati Tags - , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home